Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chowing down


The squirrel is a girl, I'm pretty sure. She comes to our flat bird feeder just outside the dining room window (where the computer is) and eats like a pig until someone a lot bigger scares her away. Of course there's a boy that also comes. A neighbor's cat named Toby hides in the bushes or behind the day lily leaves or the bird feeder cans and pounces. Toby has already broken the support pole (it's wood) on the feeder and dad had to put another pole under the flat part.

It rained last night. First it was lightening and really bad thunder. Sad to say, it scared me. But it was so intense! The first thing that woke me was the duck in a commercial saying "Afflack!" Someone left the tv on (I know who) in the next room. Then when the thunder roared, I got up and snuggled with dod and mod. Can you guess who those people are? Z didn't even hear it. Amazing!

3 comments:

E and E said...

I enjoy your blogs about nature. Did you get your love for nature from Grandpa Ernie?? There are many beautiful finches coming to the bird feeder just outside the window when I type at my computer. I especially love the bright yellow ones, but there are also brown ones with lovely red heads and necks. There are two here right now. It's also fun to watch them feed their many babys that also come to roost. I hope you get to see some new creatures in Israel. Keep us posted.
Grandma Esther

Lily said...

"babies", lol.
I love Moofie and Speedy Dude. But not squirrels, sorry neen.

E and E said...

Thank you, Miss "Editor". I do know the correct spelling... but need to do a better job of proofing my comments before posting them! Guess I type too fast!